The Land Bank Exhibition Hall served as the Taipei branch office of Nippon Kangyo Bank. The Taipei branch of Nippon Kangyo Bank opened on January 12, 1923. The bank was founded to finance the opening up of land for cultivation, construction, irrigation, and agriculture. It was the only bank in Taiwan to finance real estate and land cultivation deals. It was located at the corner of Guanqian Road and Kaifeng Street.